We have added 3 general user interface settings for Basic Features, All Features and Experimental
these settings enable/disable various attributes in the user interface.
- Basic Features: Enable just the most common functions. This is best used by beginners
- All Features: Enable all Avastar funcitons. You may want to use this when you are doing more advanced stuff
- Experimental: This is only for Guru’s and brave hearted. Here you find features which are not yet good enough to be added as standard functions
We have identified 4 very common usage cases (Workflows) for Avastar. We have added 4 Workflow Presets which take care to adjust the panel options of various panels in a best possible way so you do not need to do all the settings on your own:
- Skin & Weight: is used when you want to do weight painting on your Mesh. This preset will enable the SL Bones and also unblocks their rotation setting so that you can rotate the bones for testing your weights.
- Pose & Animate: is used for all your animation work. This preset enables the green control bones which are optimized for your Animation tasks. This is also the default preset for Avastar.
- Motion Transfer: is used when you want to import another Animation from a BVH file.
- Joint Edit: is used when you want to edit the Bone’s Rest poses, for example when you create a non human character